Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Breaking Free

      Aug. 14, '13

                                   Breaking Free

      We're told and I believe it:
      The world every second is being created anew -
      On the atomic level, this is shown to be true -
      But not till 'end of days' will we see it.
      I try to imagine making coffee in the morning -
      (Likely to appear mundane) -
      With cup and spoon constantly dawning -
      Old habits of seeing block and constrain.
      It's shown moving only a milimeter
      Makes a sea-change in the mind as in space -
      I saw things from a fresh new interior,
     When I had my coffee in a different place.
     Who knows! I may break free from the straits of the sonnet,
     Though it's no secret I'm exceedingly fond of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment