Thursday, August 15, 2013

                                April 24, '13
                        Unseasonable Weather

              When I consider my inner weather -
              How I can ride a string of sunny days -
              And from nowhere grey clouds obscure my skies -
              I say:  weather is nothing if not a metaphor.
              What's the meaning in an April so unseasonable?
              I, for one, don't mind winter months in spring.
              Roses are no worse off for the cold and rain -
              That doesn't make it less unreasonable.
              People say it's a spiritual maelstrom -
              Cosmic forces affecting the oceanic.
              Incidents abound of hurricanes and hailstorms -
              The talk tends to be messianic.
              It's safe to say that outer turmoil and reversal
              Are a metaphor for the inner - and vice versal.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment