Thursday, August 29, 2013

Building the Bais HaMikdash

        
       July 17, '13


                          Building the Bais HaMikdash

      I found today the brand of marmalade I sought -
      The avocado cream I wanted,
      The perfect little towel I had vainly hunted,
      And thanked HaShem for finding me the things I bought.
      Lest you think nothing could add to a felicitous day -
      In a neighborhood where I had rarely been,
      I saw the tallest date-palm I had ever seen -
      Higher than high buildings it held sway.
      Thanks and praise in one day was sufficient,
      But would not have been complete
      Without giving a coin to someone in the street:
      Pleasure in my new things was not deficient.
      Small by small we bring redemption, with our knowledge
                                                              or without it -
      The Rambam himself tells us not to doubt it.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment